Friday

Mind Freak At Work

How do you deal with the new co-worker who goes out of her way to get the boss's attention? Or worse, demonstrates a willingness to walk all over you and your friends to get the next promotion? I refer to people like this as Mind Freaks At Work. Everything they do is designed to freak you out, and put themselves ahead of you in the process.

Take heart.

These type of people are generally fast burners, and tend to leave organizations quickly if they don't get their way.

I suggest you outlast her.

Do your job. Stay focused on what you need to do. I have a motto in my office, "Don't Feed the Bear." What it means to me is don't feed into another person's desperate attempts to grab attention. When the bear realizes she won't get a free meal from you, in the form of your visible distress, she will move on to her next victim.

Another alternative is to leave the corporate world altogether. To do that you need to build a second income that can replace your job income. It’s not for everybody, but small business ownership can be a profitable way to escape the politics and games at work.

Watch a video of my opportunity here: www.5grandmonthly.com

No comments: